12 Denver Region Destinations You Can Reach by RTD Train or Bus – for FREE in August
- Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
Catch an open-air concert this summer without worrying about driving or parking! Fiddler’s Green is a 10 minute walk from a light rail station and close to many bus routes.
- West Denver Night Market
Celebrate the culture, art and food of West Denver with vendors, music and games at this lively night market on August 20th. Take the W train or many buses and avoid the hassle of parking.
- Golden Brewery Tour
You can walk to 4 breweries right from the bus station in downtown Golden, including the world famous Coors factory. Leave your car at home and enjoy all the beers you desire!
Coors Brewery from downtown Golden. Photo: Barry Dale Gilfry via flickr.
- Nederland’s Train Car Cafe
Take the bus to the Train Car Coffee shop in Nederland for a fun, mountain town excursion this summer! Plus, they have donuts.
- Theme Parks: Elitch Gardens, Water World, and Lakeside
Save your money for the rides and get to our local theme parks for free by taking any number of buses, or the E or W train to Elitch Gardens.
- Welton Street in Five Points
Hop on the light rail or bus to explore all Welton Street has to offer, including Spangalang Brewery and the Mo’ Betta Greens farmers market every Saturday this summer.
- Evergreen Lake
Rent a canoe or catch a concert at the beautiful Evergreen Lake, just a short walk from the bus stop, all on a walking trail through pine trees.
- Denver International Airport
Heading out of town for a late summer excursion? Take the train and forget about I-70 traffic or crowded parking lots. The train typically runs every 15 minutes from Union Station right to security at DEN.
- Santa Fe Art District First Friday
Visit amazing art galleries, eat from food trucks, and sip a beverage all without the stress of traffic or finding a parking spot. First Friday is easily accessed from the light rail station at 10th and Osage.
- Tube Boulder Creek
Summer heat got you down? Cool off in the Boulder Creek and enjoy an afternoon on the pedestrian Pearl Street mall. Take any number of buses to get there including the Flatiron Flyer, Dash, Skip and Bolt.
Tubing Boulder Creek. Photo: Shankar Gallery via flickr.
- Ball Arena
Get to Kendrick Lamar or Kid Cudi’s shows all without the hassle of parking downtown. Bus stops are a few blocks away and the E and W light rail trains stop right there – very VIP.
- Mile High Stadium
Get to a preseason game, Brooklyn’s bar, or a concert for free this August by hopping on the W, C, or E train, or numerous buses on Federal or Colfax. Go Broncos!
Live outside of the Denver area or want to explore more of the state? Check out these free and discounted transit opportunities across the state:
1. Mountain Metro in Colorado Springs is FREE in August. Plan your trip here
2. The HOP in Boulder is FREE in August. Learn more and find routes here,
3. Greeley-Evans Transit and Poudre Express are FREE in August. Learn more and find your route here. Poudre Express info here.
4. Ride FREE in Lafayette: Request a ride and learn more about the program here
5. Break out of your neck of the woods and explore the state. From July 1st- September 5th Bustang fare is 50% off! View routes here. Plan your next trip here.